The BEANZINE is a special site.
You can only experience it with Netscape 2.0 and the Shockwave Plug-in.
Click here for information about Netscape,
and here for information about Shockwave.
You should make your browser window as big as possible and
use the highest resolution your monitor can handle in 256 colors mode.
And resize your browser window.
S h o c k w a v e   t r o u b l e
When this site was launched there was only a beta version (=unfinished version) of the Shockwave Plug-in
This simply means that Shockwave is not finished and can cause Netscape or your machine to crash.
These problems will soon be solved when Macromedia
releases the final version of Shockwave.
Until then the only thing you can do is be careful:
- let all images load completely
( click STOP in Netscape,
and click on a link before all images have loaded)
- use the BEANZINE interface to navigate through the site
( click BACK, FORWARD or RELOAD in Netscape)
- make sure your monitor displays no more and no less than 256 colors
- On a Windows 95 machine you can verify or change this by right clicking on the desktop,
choosing "Properties", and then clicking on the "Settings" tab.
- In Windows 3 you will have to run the "Setup" program, which is usually in the "Main" group of Program Manager.
Don't change anything here if you're not absolutely sure what you're doing!
- On a Macintosh you click on the Apple in the left hand corner of your screen,
then on the "Control Panels" item in the Apple Menu,
where you choose "Monitors".
And keep your fingers crossed... ;-)
If Netscape crashes or your computer does, simply close and restart it and try again.
If you're having too much trouble, send us e-mail to describe the problems you're having: